Monday 30 November 2015

GD for The 12 Kits of Occasions


So around the time my full-time job was cancelled, I got an email from my loyal blogging friend, Kim Heggins, asking me if I'd like to join The 12 Kits of Occasions team as one of their guest-designers for November.  Before the change in job status, I would have regretfully declined, as crafting has had to slip in the list of priorities in the past year. However, with only part-time work starting this month, the idea of creating with a kit of delivered goodies sounded delightful! 
In case you don't know about this fun blog, it has 12 permanent members, who take turns being hostess. Each month, the Hostess picks a theme and makes up identical kits of supplies to send to her team-mates, who, in turn, create 4-5 cards to post at the end of the month. It is amazing to see the variety and creativity the arises from the same materials.
Kim's kit arrived in early November and I had such fun with the supplies! Lots of polka-dot paper, Thanksgiving and Christmas themed sentiments and adorable critter images to colour.
I made five cards, and just kept going.
Here's a pic of all that was left of the original kit!
First, fun with Copics:
Inside the Beary Happy card...



Then a stab at watercolouring:
 Inside the ice floe card... (see the cool shades?)
Then, simple graphic paper-piecing (a favorite pattern from my quilting days).
 Then some Christmas cards with those big bold polka dots and shimmery washi tape:
And my favorite, a gate-fold card with those scampering mice:


Many thanks to Kim and the 12 Kits of Occasions team for including me this month. I had a blast playing along!

Check out the rest of the team's creations HERE:
Hugs,
Caroline

10 comments:

  1. Caroline...you are amazing! So many fabulous and over the top cards that I just love. I am so happy that things worked out so you could play along with us. I just love all your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW did you ever get busy with the kit!! These are all terrific Caroline!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic collection of cards you created. Inside and out, you did such a fantastic job with this kit. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline, we are so glad you went ahead and decided to join us! Seems like just what you needed. Oh my goodness your cards are gorgeous! That last one is amazing and I am going back to look at that one, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, stunning cards, Caroline! You did an amazing job! Love all the special details and the last one was my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful set of cards! Loving all those stamped images, your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that it worked out for you to join us this month. Love all your designs and the wonderful coloring. That last card is so amazing! And weren't the little mice fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!
    These are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. top quality uk replica watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica hublot watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!