Thursday 11 June 2015

Thanks for the support!

Thank you, QueenB!
I found a new blog to follow while hopping through Pretty Pink Posh's latest blog hop.
Barbara, aka QueenB at The Buzz is also participating in Kathy Racoosin's 30-day Coloring challenge.
Anyway, these cards are direct CASEs of ones Barbara created HERE. Same stamp set, same technique, same card design. Why improve on perfection?

So I made up a big 8x10 sheet of watercolor paper with the black-line emboss-resist image and used watercolor pencils on the flowers and leaves (Inktense) and then a wash of Distress Ink marker (Tumbled Glass) for the sky. I love that you can scribble with a marker on the watercolor paper, and still wash it out. It flows, rather than sinking in.
Then I cut up my panel and created half a dozen 4-bar cards. Cream card base, black stitched mat (Lil'Inker Designs), white-embossed sentiment, done!
I made a couple more cards with the left-over watercolor pieces:
These cards are intended for all the kind folks who sponsored me in the recent 10km race I ran here during the Ottawa Marathon weekend. I was raising funds for stuttering treatment.
My friend Erika and I wearing our team shirts on race day.

Thank YOU for reading!
Happy crafting, 
Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, Caroline!
    Your cards are lovely! Wasn't that a quick, fun and easy technique? I really like your vertical card. I know the recipients will be very pleased. Thank you for the shout out. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Happy crafting!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards...just love them both and your technique too. Love the stunning look you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!