Wednesday 18 June 2014

Just...Hello!

I had such fun playing with Simon Says Stamp's Favorite Flowers last week (see my FMS post, HERE), that I decided to continue exploring its possibilities.

This is a card design I CASED and used for a card workshop back in May.  I had a bunch of watercolor paper already cut to size, so might as well use it up.  I love the look of black line-drawing and water-coloring.  It has a kind of pretty, cartoon vibe.
Orange and pink.  
This is the first version, and I decided to add a little border/definition between the DP and the watercolor panel.
Pink and yellow. 
The border is just a line of Forest Moss Distress marker, drawn across the card base.
Orange and blue. 
I think this is my fave. The shading on the blue flowers turned out especially pretty.

 It's "Anything Goes" this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog. So these beauties are going to get linked up over there.
Happy crafting!
Caroline

Supplies:
watercolor paper: Michael's
Favorite Flowers stamp set: Simon Says Stamp
Designer Paper: Skylark, Close to My Heart
Hello die: The Crafter's Workshop
Black textured card-stock: Wausau Papers
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Water brush
Archival Black ink:  Close to My Heart

5 comments:

  1. Love it! the flower placement is just right, love how whimsical this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute set of cards- love the simple layout and the pretty colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and so very pretty! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and oh so cute! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet posies! This is fabulous and so many beautiful and soft colors too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!